CONTEST INFORMATION AT BOTTOM OF PAGE
Bounce Party Rentals is a Proud Supporter of The Welcoming Hearts 5th Annual Running With The Chromies
Bring the entire family and join us for a day filled with fun events, activities, shopping and good food. Walk, run or just show up for the good times, the choice is yours. The running event is a 10k & 5k run around the beautiful Gemini Springs Park, check out the running route below. After the 5k run begins, the 1 mile fun walk will start. Two good ways to show your support for all the good Welcoming Hearts does to enhance the quality of life for all individuals with specials needs. After the run and walk stick around or show up just in time for the 5th annual Spring Festival. All proceeds from this event will help special need individuals and their families in the Volusia County area.
What makes this event a must Attend event?
- The Spring Festival has something for everyone. Admission to the festival is free and there will be wristbands available that will allow all day access to play in the bounce house, slide on the Monster Slide, Race through the inflatable obstacle course, Climb the rock wall, flip on the bungee trampoline and ride the trackless train. Carnival type games will also be available for play.
- Parents enjoy some good music while you walk around and enjoy our dozens of vendors from the community, both commercial and non-profit. Enjoy a fun and interesting shopping experience and also connect with some vendors with good resources for parents. My Family Fun Books will also be available for purchase as an additional fundraiser to help support Welcoming Hearts.
- When all that fun makes you hungry visit the various food vendors. Food tents and trucks will offer a variety of food to keep even the pickiest of eaters happy.
- The awards will be given to top female and male in each age bracket and will receive a medal. There will be awards presented to top finishing female & male is each category. Overall female and male winners will receive additional prizes.
- This year's Running with the Chromies race courses have been certified by the USTAF, with the 10K's certification number is FL18003TY and the 5K's certification number is FL17091TY
What Happen at the 2018 Running with the Chromies and Spring Festival Event:
Saturday, March 24th marked the 4th Annual Running with the Chromies 5K/1 Mile Fun Walk and Spring Festival and we couldn't have asked for a better day. There were an amazing 200 runners/walkers for the 5K with the first runner crossing the finish line at a little over 21 minutes. The weather was absolutely amazing, not a cloud in the sky. With over 1200 visitors to the festival there wasn't a shortage of activities. From the bounce house, slide, rockwall and carnival type games to the food and variety of vendors to shop, there was something for everyone. The addition of the corn pit was enjoyed by all the little ones and the DJ kept everyone entertained.
What Happen at the 2017 3rd Dash for Downs Event:
Saturday, March 25th marked our 3rd Annual Dash for Downs 5K/1 Mile Fun Walk and Spring Festival and what an amazing day it was. We had an outstanding 150+ runner/walkers for the 5K, with the first runner crossing the finish line in an astonishing 19:57. There may have been clouds in the sky, but it was bright at the festival. It was great to see everyone walking around checking out the vendors and activities. The DJ played a great assortment of music and Dennis with SNAP had the crowd cutting a grass rug at times. The food booths helped to make sure no one left hungry.
What Happen at the 2016 2nd Dash for Downs Event:
The 2016 inaugural Dash 4 Downs 5K Run/Walk was a resounding success, with an amazing 162 runners and walkers. This year the course will be a certified chip timed 5K course to welcome those from the casual 5K walker to the most competitive. Last year's winner blazed across the finish line in a little over 23 minutes. Several children and adults with special needs "dashed" across the finish line a little later ... some with help along the way, but all were winners.
What you need to know to get involved this year:
- Registration for the 10k & 5k has already started, please use the links below to reserve your spot today.
- § The 10K & 5K registration will include a t-shirt, if registered before February 22, 2019. Runner bag and Medals for top winners of each category.
- The 1 mile fun walk will start after the 5K has started and is free to participate in however event t-shirt can be purchased for $10 each.
The Running with the Chromies 10K race course has been certified by the USA Track & Field, with the certification number of FL18003TY and the official race map can be found here (10K Route Information)
The Running with the Chromies 5K race course has been certified by USA Track & Field, with the certification number of FL17091TY and the official race map can be found here (5k Route Information)
2019 Event date will be updated here when we have an office date
Event date: March 9, 2019 (Tentative Date)
Location: Gemini Springs Park
Address: 37 Dirksen Dr, DeBary, FL 32713
This 10k & 5K is honoring World Down Syndrome Day, which is on March 21st each year. This date is significant as it represents the 3 copies of the 21st chromosome, which causes Down syndrome.
- 7:00am Registration and Packet Pickup Opens
- 8:00am Registration and Packet Pickup Closes
- 8:15am 5th Annual Running With The Chromies 10K Run/Walk Begins
- 9:00am 5th Annual Running With The Chromies 5K Run/Walk Begins
- 9:45am 5th Annual Running With The Chromies 1 Mile Fun Walk Begins
- 10:00am 4th Annual Running With The Chromies 10K Medals are Awarded
- 10:30am 4th Annual Running With The Chromies 5K Medals are Awarded
- 10:00am Spring Festival Opens (For all 10k/5K/1Mile participants festival you will be able to enter the festival after the event).
- 4:00pm Spring Festival Ends
5th ANNUAL RUNNING WITH THE CHROMIES REGISTRATION
RUNNING WITH THE CHROMIES 10K
$45.00 - 10K Race Day Registration
$40.00 - 10K General Registration after December 31, 2018
$35.00 - 10K General Registration before December 31, 2018
$35.00 - 10K Children 4-12 years old
FREE - 10K Children 0-3yrs and VIPs (individuals with special needs)
RUNNING WITH THE CHROMIES 5K
$35.00 - 5K Race Day Registration
$30.00 - 5K General Registration after December 31, 2018
$25.00 - 5K General Registration before December 31, 2018
$25.00 - 5K Children 4-12 years old
FREE - 5K Children 0-3yrs and VIPs (individuals with special needs)
All Running With The Chromies 10K/5K registrations include T-shirt, Finishers Medal, Swag Bag, Post Race Snack and a $5 off coupon for a wristband at the festival following the race. Make sure to register prior to February 22, 2019 to guarantee T-shirt.
1 MILE FUN WALK
Registration is free. It is $10.00 for a T-shirt. Make sure to register prior to February 22, 2019 to guarantee T-shirt.
- Carnival Games - 3 tickets for a $1.00
- Rock Wall - 1 ticket for $5.00
- Bungee Trampoline - 1 ticket for $5.00
- Bounce Houses/Inflatables - All day wristband $5.00
- $20.00 - All Day Unlimited Wristband for Rock Wall/Bungee Trampoline/Bounce Houses/Inflatables
Please Keep in Mind:
No pets. No roller blades, bikes, scooters or skateboards. Strollers must line up at the rear to start of the race. Refunds will not be issued on race day.
Your support ensures that the Welcoming Hearts can help individuals with special needs in the local community through information, events and programs. After the race come over and check out the family spring festival.
Contest for Runner Entries or Activity Bracelets Information:
We are giving away 10k or 5k Runner Entries or Activity Bracelets Total, winners choice. All winners will be selected by the end of day on March 7th. For entry into the contest just follow these two steps.
1. Like our Facebook page (For convenience use Facebook box below)
2. Tell us if you would like to win the 5k/10k Runner Entries or Activity Bracelets at the bottom of this page in the "Leave a Reply" section.