CONTEST INFORMATION AT BOTTOM OF PAGE
Bounce Party Rentals is a Proud Supporter of The Welcoming Hearts 4th Annual Running With The Chromies
Bring the entire family and join us for a day filled with fun events, activities, shopping and good food. Walk, run or just show up for the good times, the choice is yours. The running event is a 5k run around the beautiful Gemini Springs Park, check out the running route below. After the 5k run begins, the 1 mile fun walk will start. Two good ways to show your support for all the good Welcoming Hearts does to enhance the quality of life for all individuals with specials needs. After the run and walk stick around or show up just in time for the 3rd annual Spring Festival. All proceeds from this event will help special need individuals and their families in the Volusia County area.
What makes this event a must Attend event?
- The Spring Festival has something for everyone. Admission to the festival is free and there will be wristbands available that will allow all day access to play in the bounce house, slide on the Monster Slide, Race through the inflatable obstacle course, Climb the rock wall, flip on the bungee trampoline and ride the trackless train. Carnival type games will also be available for play.
- Parents enjoy some good music while you walk around and enjoy our dozens of vendors from the community, both commercial and non-profit. Enjoy a fun and interesting shopping experience and also connect with some vendors with good resources for parents. My Family Fun Books will also be available for purchase as an additional fundraiser to help support Welcoming Hearts.
- When all that fun makes you hungry visit the various food vendors. Food tents and trucks will offer a variety of food to keep even the pickiest of eaters happy.
- The awards will be given to top female and male in each age bracket and will receive a medal. There will be awards presented to top finishing female & male is each category. Overall female and male winners will receive additional prizes.
- This year's Dash for Downs 5K race course has been certified by USA Track & Field, with the certification number pending.
What Happen at the 2017 3rd Dash for Downs Event:
Saturday, March 25th marked our 3rd Annual Dash for Downs 5K/1 Mile Fun Walk and Spring Festival and what an amazing day it was. We had an outstanding 150+ runner/walkers for the 5K, with the first runner crossing the finish line in an astonishing 19:57. There may have been clouds in the sky, but it was bright at the festival. It was great to see everyone walking around checking out the vendors and activities. The DJ played a great assortment of music and Dennis with SNAP had the crowd cutting a grass rug at times. The food booths helped to make sure no one left hungry.
What Happen at the 2016 2nd Dash for Downs Event:
The 2016 inaugural Dash 4 Downs 5K Run/Walk was a resounding success, with an amazing 162 runners and walkers. This year the course will be a certified chip timed 5K course to welcome those from the casual 5K walker to the most competitive. Last year's winner blazed across the finish line in a little over 23 minutes. Several children and adults with special needs "dashed" across the finish line a little later ... some with help along the way, but all were winners.
What you need to know to get involved this year:
- Registration for the 5k has already started, please use the links below to reserve your spot today.
- The 5K registration will include a t-shirt or water bottle. Runner bag and Medals for top winners of each category.
- The 1 mile fun walk will start after the 5K has started and is free to participate in however event t-shirt can be purchased for $10 each.
Route is 3.11 miles long and starts in the Oak Tree Area of Gemini Springs Park:
Certification number for the 5K is FL17091TY and below is the official race course image.
2018 Event date will be updated here when we have an office date
Event date: March 24, 2018 (Tentative Date)
Location: Gemini Springs Park
Address: 37 Dirksen Dr, DeBary, FL 32713
This 5K is honoring World Down Syndrome Day, which is on March 21st each year. This date is significant as it represents the 3 copies of the 21st chromosome, which causes Down syndrome.
- 8:00am Registration and Packet Pickup Opens
- 8:30am Registration and Packet Pickup Closes
- 8:45am 4th Annual Running With The Chromies 5K Run/Walk Begins
- 9:00am 4th Annual Running With The Chromies 1 Mile Fun Walk Begins
- 9:30am 4th Annual Running With The Chromies 5K Medals are Awarded
- 10:00am Spring Festival Opens (For all 5K/1Mile participants festival you will be able to enter the festival after the event).
- 3:00pm Spring Festival Ends
4th Annual Running With The Chromies REGISTRATION
- $45.00 - Dash 4 Downs 5K Race Day Registration
- $40.00 - Dash 4 Downs 5K Registration after February 15th
- $35.00 - Dash 4 Downs 5K Registration before February 15th
- $25.00 - Dash 4 Downs 5K Children 4-12yrs
- FREE - Dash 4 Downs 5K Children 0-4yrs and VIPs (individuals with special needs)
- $20.00 - Dash 4 Downs Virtual Runner
- $10.00 for T-shirt
- All Dash 4 Downs registrations include T-shirt, finishing medal, also a swag bag that includes wristband for bounce house/inflatables at festival following race and a race souvenir. Make sure to register prior to March 10, 2018 to guarantee T-shirt.
- 1 MILE FUN WALK -Registration is free, however for only $10.00 you can also have one of our T-shirt.
- Carnival Games - 3 tickets for a $1.00
- Rock Wall - 1 ticket for $5.00
- Bungee Trampoline - 1 ticket for $5.00
- Bounce Houses/Inflatables - All day wristband $5.00
- $20.00 - All Day Unlimited Wristband for Rock Wall/Bungee Trampoline/Bounce Houses/Inflatables
Please Keep in Mind:
No pets. No roller blades, bikes, scooters or skateboards. Strollers must line up at the rear to start of the race. Refunds will not be issued on race day.
Your support ensures that the Welcoming Hearts can help individuals with special needs in the local community through information, events and programs. After the race come over and check out the family spring festival.
Contest for Runner Entries or Activity Bracelets Information:
We are giving away 5k Runner Entries or Activity Bracelets Total, winners choice. All winners will be selected by the end of day on March 21st. For entry into the contest just follow these two steps.
1. Like our Facebook page (For convenience use Facebook box below)
2. Tel us if you would like to win the 5k Runner Entries or Activity Bracelets at the bottom of this page in the "Leave a Reply" section.