Bigger Kids Party Ideas - Moon Walk Rental!
- Have each child lean back and lower themselves until they are on all fours- arms back, hands on the ground. Toss in a couple of balloons for them to kick around. See if anyone can get their balloon to hit the ceiling!
- Harder variation- anyone whose bottom touches the floor is out!
Capture the Flag Game
- Get 2 or 4 colors of party streamers. Divide the children into 2 or 4 teams. Each team guards a corner pillar. (For 2 teams, have them guard opposite pillars).
- Write each team's color on a sticky note and stick it on their pillar. This is their flag.
- Tear off about a foot of streamer and tuck the end of it into each child's waistband.
- The goal is to grab the other team's flag (sticky note) while guarding your own. To do this, get the other team "out" by grabbing their streamer and pulling it out. When your streamer is pulled, you have to get out of the moonwalk.
- The winning team is the one that captures all the flags (sticky notes). The winning player is the one who captures the most streamers!
Kids Sequence Game
- Have one kid do a move, such as hopping on one leg. Then everyone repeats the move. The next kid does the first kid's move, then adds one of his own. Everyone must then do the two moves together. The third kid does the first two moves, then adds one of her own. Everyone must do all three moves now.
- Anyone who forgets the order of the moves has to sit down. Last one to do all the moves correctly wins!
Port and Starboard
- This is a memory and action game.
- On the command (from the list below) the children have to do the appropriate action. After a while, start removing the last player to comply, untill only one remains.
- Port (Run to one side of the moonwalk)
- Starboard (Run to the other side)
- Captains Comming Aboard (Stand to attention and Salute)
- Submarines (Lie on the floor)
- Hoist the Mainsail (Run on the spot - like climing the rigging)
- Mess Deck (Sit cross legged on the floor - ready for lunch)
- Sharks Ahoy (jump, jump, jump - try to stay off the floor)
- Up Periscope (Stand up straight and old hands to eyes as though looking through binoculars)